Join Hungarian artist Katalin Hausel on a journey to unleash your imagination; find new stories, new paths, new possibilities, new identities, while exploring various artistic approaches. Create an exhibition of your new alter-ego, and even design a Near Future Museum for yourself. Katalin has extensive experience both in teaching art and in self-development methods that enable people to find ways to work and live in a way that respects their need for a meaningful existence.
While making things, we will look at Dragon Dreaming, Art of Hosting, mindfulness , Teal Organisation, Theory U, Radical Collaboration, – and other new techniques that are available to prepare for the future that is cooperative, kind and respects the planet.
You will be challenged to:
– design a near future for yourself (or your alter-ego) by tracing the happiest phases of your life
– write stories about this future, creating an imagined world, using near future design methods, for this new you to inhabit
– create drawings, paintings and sculptures
– plan a film of your life based on this exhibition
– produce objects and texts for an exhibition
– create drawings, paintings and sculptures for a (fictional or real) exhibition of The Near Future You
– design a Museum of the Near Future for this imagined world, and create a book (catalogue) about it
All the while
– read and discuss short texts on philosophy, psychology, ecology, and the future
– chat about the weather, animals and plants
– talk about literature, politics, dreams and fears
– share your experiences and thoughts
– drink tea or coffee, occasionally a glass of wine
– … and many more insight-stimulating approaches for self-expression, dreaming and path-finding.